Friday, October 24, 2008

rambling on

I really am enjoying running my paper-and-string shops. Sometimes it seems hard fitting everything in around my day job, and sometimes I wish this WAS my day job (well, actually I wish that a lot, but I'm not ready yet!) but mostly I love the challenges each day brings, and all the things I am learning along the way.
I love that there are so many hats that I must wear...sometimes my book keeper hat, sometimes my post master hat, or my designer hat, or sewer's hat. On Wednesday I had my Kit-Maker's hat on and I had fun, I was able to use my teeny-tiny amount of computer art skills to make the instructions, pattern and the cover, it didn't all go smoothly but I got there in the end! And last night I wanted to do something different.
So I did.
I made a monkey :-)

quite frankly, any job that involves making a monkey must be amongst one of the
best-jobs-in-the-world !!
and a job that makes me happy :-)

10 comments:

Kitty said...

Well you knew I'd agree with that last sentiment ;-) x

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah, this one looks adorable! Your makings always put a smile on my face.
Greetings, Ria

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I spotted your items on your Etsy shop and instantly fell in love with EVERYTHING! I especially adore this little monkey! I'll have to be sure to check on your blog to see what else you're making ;p! I also tagged one of your little owl brooches in my blog- I hope you don't mind!

Anonymous said...

awww. i love his knitted scarf! I too have been making monkeys today - maybe there is something in the air?! ;)
xx

pink-petal-designs said...

you Monkey's are my fav's.
Sarah x

jenniferhoiyin said...

i love monkeys <3

Pink Stitches said...

What a cutie!

Annie said...

I love monkeys too!

Nia said...

He's gorgeous! xoxo

Dollydimps said...

This monkey's too cute!!! (and he reminds me of my son!)