Monday, March 12, 2007

freebies for me today

Wowee I am a lucky girl.


A customer came into the shop today (a gentleman's outfitters for those of you who have a bad memory!!) and she has been in before and we chatted about needlework and craft and stuff for a while, then she came back and told me that she was having a clear out and would i be interested as she wants her stash to go to a good home, of course I said yes and so, today, she appeared with a carrier bag and said she hasn't got very far sorting through but that the bag was for me and she'll be back with more........ such a kind lady look what I got....


this is a set of patterns, all complete, from just after the war when everyone had run out of patterns





This pattern cutting book is amazing, it uses the same method of blocks that I was taught and expands further on those methods, it's fantastic! The colourful book has a bit of everything in it including:






making toys :-) (perfect timing!) and a cool birdie lampshade cover





Also today my friend ( http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=95246 ) sent me this handful of goodies: yum yum yum :-)

and this gorgeous gnome card, which I love too.

I say it again, how lucky am I ???

No comments: